Difference between revisions of "OCTOPUS RAW Player"
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
Revision as of 16:48, 24 September 2022
OCTOPUS RAW Player is a RAW colour science processing video player for reviewing RAW video footage from professional cameras. Currently the player supports CinemaDNG RAW .dng sequences.
- Modern minimal interface
- Efficient real-time CinemaDNG playback for 8,12,14-bit bayer or monochrome, uncompressed or lossless compressed .dng sequences.
- Professional RAW controls (White balance, exposure)
- Advanced colour science control (Highlight recovery/roll-off, SDR Tone-Mapping)
- Timecode and metadata display
- Support for real-time 8K playback
- Sigma Fp
- DJI Xenmuse X5,X5R,X7
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5K
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (Original)
- Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera
- Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K
- OCTOPUSCAMERA 8K/4K/MONO
Latest version: v1.0.0 (Release Notes)
Alternatively, the OCTOPUS RAW Player can be used as a portable single file executable without requiring installation:
- Windows 10 / macOS 10.10 or newer
- GPU with support for OpenGL 3.2 or greater (Native Apple Metal API support in progress)
OCTOPUS RAW Player is completely free to use as per the MIT license. If you enjoy and earn money using this software, please consider donating to help us improve it.
Currently, the OCTOPUS RAW Player supports playback of CinemaDNG (.dng) sequences. To open a sequence, either drag the folder containing .dng files or a single .dng frame file into the player window. Alternatively, .dng sequenecs can be opened explicitly through the “File…Open CinemaDNG Sequence…” application menu and selecting the containing folder of .dng files.
When a sequence is loaded, the floating playback interface provides controls for standard play/pause/seek and additionally fast and fast-rewind playback speeds. The interface includes the current frame timecode and the clip duration. The timecode can also indicate missing frames (in red) and skipped frames (in orange).
Advanced Colour Science Controls
- Wider CinemaDNG / DNG support
- Additional RAW formats
- Audio playback
- Performance improvements
- Proof quality debayer
- Export to Apple ProRes / GoPro® CineForm
To report a bug or suggest a feature, please create a GitHub Issue
The OCTOPUS RAW Player project is an MIT licenced open-source code base. For more information visit the GitHub repo